Sunday, March 1, 2009

my one

the sunny days of early spring
can always be counted on to bring
thoughts of you, and our memories
rush through me with the gentle breeze.
i sit quietly here in the sun
letting the yellow warmth slowly come
in with your face, your hands, your touch
until deeply in inhale; it's just too much.
i know deep inside i had to let you go,
but don't you know?
that ifs will always counter the certainty
of what could have become of you and me.
because baby, don't you see?
you said what we had wasn't reality,
but if that kind of happiness isn't real,
then how the hell is love supposed to feel?
it's not some acceptance moving slowly from day to day
it's an overflowing bliss, a firecracker, a flame
a force existing between two hearts
that cannot be extinguished once it starts.
my heart for you still smolders and burns
and i don't think that i will ever learn
how to move forward and find something new
because my heart still finds you
in every moment of beauty, every sunset,
i wish you were here, and i can't forget.
you come back to me with the warmth of the sun
because you were truly my one.

No comments: