Saturday, November 1, 2008

"We'll be birds..."

It always ends with a lie
"We'll be bird, watch us fly!"
Right off our perch
And into the dirt
We had a good thing -
But all that serious talk about rings
Is always a curse
The needle that causes the balloon to burst
Oh no wait, that wasn't it
It was really because you're full of shit
You lied to my face, to my family, my heart
And had the nerve to question if I was doing my part.
"You're just so selfish," you'd always whine
When really it was you with yourself on your mind
Making up extravagant tales
All because you felt like you'd failed
Well, who really gives a fuck?
What did that even have to do with us?
Everyone told me to leave you alone
That there was something not right, something now shown
The sad thing is, I felt it too
But I let myself be blinded by your vision of you
Your lies, your creations, your ridiculous stories
I'd listen intently, silencing the voice shouting "Stupid, stupid Lori..."

No comments: