Monday, October 12, 2009

stuttgart

i lean on the rail
and take a deep inhale
wondering all the while
how exactly my whole body can smile.
i take a sip of my wine
and into your arms recline.
we look over the horizon
as faintly the skyline is lit by the sun.
this new adventure and foreign place
have led to comfort in a beautiful new face.
i lean into you and you into me
and i savor the joy of being free.
the city is silent: only flashing lights
and birds in their predawn flight.
i close my eyes to make is last
because i've come to know that pleasure is fast.
it's unexpected and surreal
and is gone before you've even had time to feel
exactly how amazing one moment can be.
i hope you know how often i replay that memory.
that quiet moment on top of stuttgart
will always hold a place in my heart.

No comments: