Wednesday, September 23, 2009

my dichoto my

i feel connected to you
across this sky blue
and when i hear your voice
something tells me it's the right choice
you're just what i need
and we've planted a good seed
but there's the bird inside
who refuses to hide
reminding me that i've come so far
and have you really decided who you are?
it's my age old dichotomy
i find a boy who loves me for me
who loves my heart, my body, my home
but there's a pulling inside to stay on my own
i say i want to be a bird
and fly free around the world
but how can that be
when we decide to make it you and me?
what will happen to that dream?
i'm scared of what seems
to be a future back home
but i realize that i don't want to be alone
why do i feel that i'm sacrificing one life
for the other: to be your wife?
is that how it has to be
in order to have a you and me?

No comments: