Thursday, May 14, 2009

love is free

to love you how i wanted -
or what i thought that love should be
i had to let you go.
i didn't understand then
but now i've come to see
that letting you fly
letting you go
would eventually set me free.
through all the pain, the tears, the anger and hurt
that left me blinded for so long
sacrifice has slowly shown through with its usual dignity.
the realization that love has many facets
had never made itself so clear
until i found myself; alone and happy.
in my own life i was content
to picture me without you was ok
and within myself i finally found peace.
i discovered that love is not concrete.
it's not a picture of you and me
and rings and babies.
its beauty in fact cannot be defined.
but you and me; we've come close
and lived the fact that love is indeed, free

No comments: