Wednesday, February 4, 2009

All that glitters isn't gold...

Am I strong enough to make it on my own?
Sometimes I feel so alone...
But dependency I'll never again condone.
It seems that lately
I look in the mirror and don't recognize who I see.
What has happened to me?
Who do I really want to be?
This party girl's growing old.
My dirty dishes in the corners are growing mold...
"Everything that glitters isn't gold..."
Gotta search deeper - look back inside
remember what it was I promised on the western ride.
Looking to the sky I vowed to earn His pride.
Said I was heading west for both of us,
but lately excuses are all I offer to discuss.
My life has become my central focus.
It's not supposed to be that way.
I've forgotten how to pray
and slowly again lost my way.
So again I find the unfamiliar face of a girl who's lost
and is again denying the high cost
when loved ones and God she's forgot.

No comments: